Current network delivery and architecture at our customer is limited in supporting digitalization and cloud development in the business with new demands on time to market and security.
To become more cost-efficient, reduce operational complexity and increase flexibility in terms of local solutions a new architecture and a set of guidelines is needed.
All involved parties in the delivery must have a clear knowledge about their responsibility in the delivery and improve collaborative routines between one another to build trust and openness, catering for proactivity and responsiveness in operating the network. The network governance must become transparent and involving correct participants and agendas on a strategical, tactical and operational level.
IT Management Team has given the Business Areas and the IT department the authority to plan and execute a first phase of a transformation project, August – December 2020, being the next step as a continuation of the NTP (Network Transformation Project) pre-study. The first phase of the transformation will focus on the target network functions and conceptual architecture.
Assignment as a senior network expert in the project, the main task will be to be the driving force in a team in describing the current architecture, defining the target functions and conceptual architecture, delivering the following parts:
• An as-is description of the current architecture and services
• A target definition of network functions and architecture based on current and future business needs and requirements
• Necessary technical RFI documents in a forthcoming RFI process with the goal to understand the market’s possibility of deliver an operational architecture Based on:
• Security framework architecture
• Service model
• Sourcing strategy
As a senior network expert, we expect the candidate to have advanced experience in interpreting business needs and requirements into future network functions and solutions, being operational in a global and complex enterprise with more than 15 years experience In addition, we foresee the following skills:
• Experience in leading a team of architects into future solutions and visions.
• Advanced experience with multivendor global enterprise environment and in architecting large-scale global networks and documentation.
• Excellent network knowledge in connecting a multi cloud environment and networks within cloud services such as Azure Vnets, Express Routes etc.
• Excellent knowledge in future network technologies such as Software Defined WAN, LAN and Perimeter.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking, MPLS and routing combined with implementation, management, and support
• An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change-controlled environment together with knowledge of project work and methodologies.
• A high standard of written and spoken English